Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moved!

OK, I admit I have serious web issues. I've gone from blog style to forum style, and back again. Playing in the forum style was fun, but ehh, I'm over it. So back to blog style where I can talk about either horse or both without having to update multiple threads.

Who knows, in a few months maybe I'll revive the forum. LOL.

So, aside from the virtual move, the horses have moved locations as well. Primary reason was to get more training real estate for Miss La. She's big, she's oafy, and she's lacking in grace. For me to continue with her and feel safe doing so, and for her to be less be otchy about it, I found a place with bigger spaces in which to ride.

Its also self care, and so huge savings. YAY.

So...self care...umm I didn't have time as it was, now I'm cleaning stalls too? Well, yes. The good news is that my horses are neatnicks and so it takes about 20 minutes to clean the 2 stalls, buckets, and throw hay. Not a big deal.

And here come the cons:

Not sure I'll be able to stay through the winter- may be too wet. My horses must have turnout- I won't stay at a place where they are kept in 24/7.

Distance: 18 miles door to door. 42 from work. Lots of freakin' traffic. Ew.

So, not so bad, really. The facility is really nice. And for those who board, you know there is always a fatal flaw- be it price, turnout, food, distance, whatever. At this point I'm used to it, and my horses don't seem to care. In fact, I'll bet they wish the traffic would be thicker so I can't get there, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment