Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dressage Boy

Cabo man got himself a fancy new dressage saddle! I got it last night, and couldn't wait to try it on him. Beautiful fit- comfy for me, really helps my twisted hips. I can definitely feel the crookedness of my body in the saddle- which is good because now I can go about correcting it.

We've been working on the longe line as of late- learning how to power ourselves from the hind end instead of doing a fake headset and plodding along, or hollowing out and not really working correctly. Its been working, because when I got on yesterday, I could feel a difference in his carriage.

Now I have to get myself in the saddle. My goal is 3 times a week to start with- mostly stretching that hip. I really really really have to fix it- because it has gone from being just ugly to now being painful too. It seems as though it'll cramp at any movement. No good. Though, this morning I do not feel sore at all- which is a good sign.

No new updates on Cassie-la.

1 comment:

  1. I have hip problems too. It sucks when it gets in the way of riding. But I find out the more I ride the correct way really concentrating on my balance, posture and muscles the better my hip gets. When I was starting Joey I did tons of that and I was fine riding daily for up to an hour. I was usually a sweaty mess but no hip pain. I also take joint supplements that have both glucosamine and msn in it which have helped tons now that I am gaining baby weight. Keep moving, stretching and toneing your hip and all will be good. So glad Cabo is doing good. He needed some more learning. I cant wait to visit him.

    ReplyDelete