Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Click

2 lightbulb moments yesterday:

Cabo: I can stay nice, round, and supple even at the trot.

Cassie: I will not die if Cabo is taken away.

Wow, 2 good horses in one day...what will today bring? LOL

I am still smiling over Cabo's ride- he tried so hard yesterday and did so well. I could not have been more proud of my boy. No warm ups- just get on and go. Lots of walking for my hips, asking him to stretch down while i do that, and then flex every now and again. Some trotting- and WOW- what a trot!!!! Nice and soft and round. If he stiffened I'd just squeeze my outside rein and boom- soft again. He totally gets it now. Now with that understanding, I was able to start applying my leg a little, asking for bigger steps, and actually getting those instead of small fast ones. Still a lot to be done there, but the softness at the trot milestone is just wonderful. Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment