Monday, June 29, 2009

Not lame enough?

Isn't that a weird complaint?!

So, Last week I worked with Cass each day, except for Thursday. On Friday I rode her and she was really good. If I had timed it right I would've gone out with a fellow boarder to the track, but she was under saddle too long for that, so i called it quits.

Here is her deal. She's lame. But its really low grade, and only in 1 direction, and only at the trot. It doesnt get worse with work, nor does it get better.

What to do? Not lame enough for a nerve block. Not sound enough for me to be comfortable with working her consistently. I fear I will cause her unnecessary damage.

So, I'm putting her on a bute-less type herbal supplement called Ani-motion to see if that moves the needle at all.

She really seems to enjoy the work- she is so easy to catch, in fact comes right up. she's in enough of a routine that if she didn't like it, she wouldn't let me catch her.

The holding pattern continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment