Monday, June 1, 2009

The Good and The Bad

The Good: Cabo. What a nice boy. He's really figuring out this new way of moving. It is scary for him every now and again, but his trust is building and he seems to enjoy himself too. We're working on being able to keep a steady rhythm while being soft and supple, and doing it for longer periods of time. He'll fall out if it- and speed up to gain his balance. Or he'll stop paying attention and throw his head up if he hears a noise, mostly at trot- but those instances are happening less and les. And he can do his whole walk with his head long and low, at a nice, swinging pace, really moving.

The Bad: Cassie. LOL. She completely remembers Cabo and has decided to be a total pill when I go work him. Right now they are in stalls part of a shedrow, and though she can SEE the other horses (I bring them in and then ride Cabo- otherwise she's out in the pasture by herself which is even worse), she acts completely herd bound to him when I take him away. Like, climb over the stall door, kick the walls, hissy fit. Bad girl.

Yesterday I left her outside with another mare while I took him in to work. She had a fit out there, could care less about the mare with her. Whatever. She has to get over it, and I'm just going to ignore her I guess... though it does tick me off that she makes such a complete mess of her stall. Oh well. And I'm sure it is not good for whatever condition she has that is making her lame.

1 comment:

  1. lol she is such a funny girl. When I read the title i thought it was going to be something bad, but thats just cassie being cassie...

    ReplyDelete