Saturday, April 11, 2009

What's with the Cold?

So frustrated. Junk for weather. Junk for time. BUT getting stuff ready for Miss Cassie. Like today- I resisted the urge to buy new brushes and washed the ones I have. Man, new brushes would've been really fun. I also washed her groom tote. I consolidated Quik Silver shampoo into 1 bottle since I had 3 half filled ones laying around. I wiped off the show sheen bottles, and grabbed some mane n tail for more frequent washin's. I washed her solo comb, but i think I need to attack it with a grime buster and a toothbrush- that one is particularly gross. But expensive, so no getting a replacement.

In a little bit I'm going to wash the plastic tote that will carry all her stuff.

I also managed to find SafeChoice and started her on it today.

My friend had a new sheet that she let me buy off her- perfect so now I can send La's to get cleaned, waterproofed and repaired.

I even cleaned her bridle. Still have to clean the bits. If anyone is looking for a rockin' leather conditioner, use Effol Leather Balm. It smells weird- sort of like powder, which is out of place in an environment that smells like shit. And they dont really mix well. But you get used to it- and then the smell becomes addicting. And the balm does an awesome job. Way better than leather therapy. Compared to this Effol stuff, Leather Therapy is junk. How do I know? The other day I used it on my new-ish western saddle- still creaky and dry leather, needs to be broken in. But the leather was really thirsty. So I used the balm stuff and today checked in on my saddle and WHOA MOMMA! Totally different saddle- super soft and loffly. Product approved.

Ok that is enough rambling for now. Nothing else is new or exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment